Veteran and service member rights
The right to be treated fairly as a veteran or service member.
Your employer may not discriminate against you because of your service member or veteran status.
You may also be entitled to reemployment with your pre-service employer following qualifying service in the uniformed services.
You may also be eligible for hiring preferences in the Federal Government because you are a veteran.
Tell us about your concern, so you can learn about your rights and find out whom to contact if you need more information.
- I was treated unfairly because I am a veteran or service member
- I was treated unfairly by my employer, who is a Federal contractor or subcontractor, because of my status as a protected veteran
- I wasn’t reemployed (or properly reemployed) when I returned from deployment
- I’m a veteran and I was not hired by the Federal Government
- I was retaliated against by my employer because I tried to enforce my rights, or someone else’s rights, as a veteran or service member
- I don’t see my concern listed and would like to talk to someone who deals with veterans’ employment issues